Delighted









DELIGHT yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart
Psalm 37:4








Thursday, August 5, 2010

"keeping up with the Jones's"

For quite some time now, I have been "toying" with the idea of writing a blog.  After all, everyone's doing it.  I am a regular reader of a number of blogs, so I decided to be a regular writer of a blog as well.  I keep thinking that blogging will allow my loved ones to see what's happening in this crazy house that we call home and it will also be a way for me to document those things that I don't ever want to forget.  I am absolutely the WORST when it comes to writing down memorable things that my kids do or say...they don't even have baby books for Pete's sake!
I am laughing as I write this, knowing that my only readers will probably be my hubby who experiences the happenings of our crazy home on a daily basis, my momma who hears about the happenings of our home on a daily basis, and Becky, my BFF who also  daily hears about all that goes on in this house.  Oh well, so I am not really expecting a huge fan base.  At least I still have that whole "documenting things that I don't want to ever forget" thing going for me, right???
So, here goes...because everyone's doing it, I'm Keeping up with the Jones's...and starting a blog.

This is me (but you three readers that know me think it's completely silly that I just stated the obvious, am I right?) 
I am clearly not a photographer, so my posts are not going to be filled with exceptionally great photos.  See the above photo and you will totally get what I'm talking about!

Most of my blogs are going to be about my family.  You know, the stuff that makes you belly laugh, the stuff that makes you cry, and all of that stuff in between that we call "life".
Tonight, my blog is going to be all about ME and what I like and DISlike..
Once again, I'm very sorry to you three readers who already know me so well-maybe
you will learn something new!

5 Things that I Dislike
#1.  I absolutely hate it when I know that my children are sad.  When they have heartache, and I can't fix it, I feel broken.
#2.  I Don't like it when my feelings get hurt OR when I cause someone to have hurt feelings-heartaches just STINK!
#3.  I dislike CANCER-is it really weird that that is one of my dislikes???  Cancer was a big part of my childhood and it seems like it has haunted me ever since.  I have this fear of cancer that is unexplainable.
#4.  I dislike it when I am SO proud of myself for losing two or three pounds and I eat something really stupid and then gain back four...In my rear end!
#5.  I dislike gassy tummies!  No need to explain this one, they just stink (no pun intended!!!)

5 Things that I LOVE
#1.  I LOVE laying beside the love of my life each night as I drift off to dream.

#2.  I LOVE listening to my daughter talk to her imaginary friends-makes me smile every time.

#3.  I LOVE watching Hunter play ball-He SO reminds me of his daddy when he was that age (and I can say that because I remember his daddy when he was that age!)

#4.  I LOVE walking into my mom and dads kitchen and smelling okra cooking.
#5.  I LOVE it when I lose two or three pounds and I am SO proud of myself and then have the willpower to not consume so much fried okra that I gain back four...In my rear end!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment